Quick notes on rooting Nexus 7 (I’ll make a real guide out of it later):
- Had to update Android SDK to have API v15 (not sure how relevant this is, now that I know what needs to be done)
- I followed XDA-Developers, turns out fastboot is a separate tool that I fetched from Cyanogen folk which really pointed to some obscure archive.
- Fastboot needs to be ran as root (not a “normal user”)
- I also ran into “adb: no permissions” issue nicely covered in pts.blog which works just as good on F16. In summary – you need updated UDEV rules for android devices… except now my Android devices are available to any user to tinker with… gotta fix that later…
- I ended up using CWM 6.0.06 ( cwm6006touch_INSTALL.zip ). Don’t forget to unzip image before feeding it to fastboot.